- Date: Feb. 5-7, 2023
- Venue: Viticus Center, Oquendo Campus | Las Vegas, NV
- Category: Dentistry
- Enrollment Capacity: 24
- CE Hours: 20
- Cost: $2,700
- Boaz Arzi, DVM, DAVDC,DEVDC, FF-AVDC-OMFS
- William Culp, VMD, DACVS-SA
- Stephanie Goldschmidt, BVM&S, DAVDC
This course is designed to advance your understanding and technical skills for a variety of oral and maxillofacial oncological procedures. Prior to the practical section of the course, there will be lectures designed to provide you with a platform to understand and perform each procedure.
We will cover clinically important topics representing several surgical conditions frequently seen in veterinary practice. Furthermore, we will methodically approach common scenarios encountered in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgical oncology surgery. Specifically, training will include management of oral tumors through several types of mandibulectomy and maxillectomy techniques using piezosurgery technology and including flap procedures for soft tissue reconstruction. In addition, the last half day of the course will include TMJ-related procedures such as condylectomy, gap arthroplasty, zygomectomy and coronoidectomy (also using Piezosurgery techniques).
Veterinary Oral and Maxillofacial surgery is recognized as a rapidly emerging discipline. This course is recommended for veterinarians with experience in oral surgery and those who are interested in advancing their knowledge and skills to the next level of oral and maxillofacial surgery. We placed a strong emphasis on hands-on practical labs that will give you the opportunity to practice techniques discussed in the lectures.
DVM, DAVDC,DEVDC, FF-AVDC-OMFS
Dr. Boaz Arzi is a Professor and Chief of Dentistry and Oral surgery at the department of Surgical and Radiological Sciences, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Arzi completed the residency-training program in dentistry and oral surgery at the School of Veterinary Medicine and two years fellowship in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at UC Davis. He is a Diplomate of the American Veterinary Dental College (AVDC) and the European Veterinary Dental College (EVDC). Dr. Arzi is also a Founding Fellow of the AVDC in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Arzi’s clinical and research focus is on oral maxillofacial disorders and regenerative solutions in dogs and cats. His lab also investigates TMJ disorders and treatments across species. Dr. Arzi is the Director of the Veterinary Institute for Regenerative Cures (VIRC) at UC Davis. Ultimately, Dr. Arzi’s work is translational with the aim of One Health treatment modalities for both human and animal health.
Dr. Goldschmidt is an assistant professor in Dentistry and Oral surgery at the University of California- Davis. She completed her residency at the University of Wisconsin - Madison, where she also completed her undergraduate degree in Animal Science. She received her veterinary degree from the Royal School of Veterinary Studies at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland and then went on to complete a rotating internship at the Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island. She is clinically undergoing fellowship training in both oral medicine and oromaxillofacial surgery. Her subspecialty clinical and research area is oral oncology, specifically she is focused on improving treatment paradigms with the use of theragnostic agents.
After successfully completing this course, you will have:
- Reviewed common oral and maxillofacial tumors
- Established a better understanding of diagnostic imaging techniques and treatment plans
- Solidified your knowledge of common and advanced oral and maxillofacial oncological techniques including flap procedures
- Realized that you can now feel more comfortable providing more advanced surgical procedures in your veterinary practice and increasing the standard of care for your patients.
Viticus Group’s official lodging partner is Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Viticus Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.434.4700 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Viticus Center. To make a reservation online with our discounted rate, please click here.
Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89014
Courtyard Lodging + Travel Includes:
- Airport Pick up: Available on request, 7 days a week starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p
- Guests will need to call the hotel upon arrival (702.434.4700) after they pick up their luggage. At that time, we will inform them of the area they will be picked up and we will send the shuttle driver.
- Airport drop-off: All drop-offs are every two hours, starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p. Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior to departing.
- Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior.
Viticus Group Transportation Includes:
- Shuttle pick-up at the Courtyard 45 minutes prior to the start of your course start time and a short ride to the Viticus Center. View Map.
- At the close of each day, our shuttle will take you back to the Hotel.
- Last Day Transportation: Shuttle provided both to the airport, and back to the Hotel. (Luggage storage available on campus)
- If you are a Las Vegas local, or are driving yourself to the course, please arrive to the Oquendo Campus 30 minutes before the start time.
** Please refer to the agenda and email updates for transportation times.**
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Viticus Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
- Scrubs are available upon your arrival if needed.
- Closed-toe shoes are required during labs.
- A light sweater for indoor areas.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Electronic charging device to power up.
- Valid ID - We highly recommend you carry your ID at all times in Las Vegas.
Have a question or need technical support, we're here to help. Access the Support Center at support.viticusgroup.org or submit a ticket to email firstname.lastname@example.org.