How to Apply
Letters of recommendation from two veterinary mentors are requested.
Provide your resume and a brief description of your current veterinary activities.
Describe your specific area(s) of interest in food animal medicine and production.
Describe your career goals and objectives. How might this award help you achieve your plans?
ABOUT THE AWARD
Recipients of the Dr. W. Bruce Wren Food Animal Incentive Award receive a $1,000 stipend, complimentary registration, lodging, airfare, meals, and a daily stipend to attend the WVC 96th Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, on February 18-21, 2024.
The award is designed to promote Viticus Group’s goal of educating new graduates to maintain their interest in food animal clinical practice or other related careers such as food animal clinical skills instruction or applied clinical research while providing the educational enrichment opportunities offered by Viticus Group.
• Graduation from an AVMA-accredited veterinary college.
• Currently enrolled in an advanced training program from an AVMA-accredited school (internship, residency, or related graduate program) directly involving food or fiber production related to beef, dairy or small ruminant.
• Award criteria emphasizes applied knowledge to further food animal veterinary medicine in the following order:
1. Clinical practice 2. Clinical skills educational instruction 3. Clinical & applied research.
• Recipients must be able to attend the WVC 96th Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, to receive the award.
Online application begins May 31, 2023
Applications are due August 15, 2023
Recipients will be announced August 31, 2023
If you have any questions please contact Rebecca Ricksecker RebeccaR@viticusgroup.org - 702.675.7810