- Date: July 9-10, 2023
- Venue: Viticus Center, Oquendo Campus | Las Vegas, NV
- Category: Ultrasound
- Enrollment Capacity: 42
- CE Hours: 16
- Veterinarians: $2,500
- Veterinary Technicians: $2,500
- Elizabeth Huynh, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVR
- Reynsen Shigemoto, DVM, MS, DACVR
- Elodie Emmanuelle Huget, DVM
- Jack Hamersky, DVM, MS, DACVR
- Darin Kepler, DVM, MS, DACVR
This course is designed for participants with limited training in ultrasound looking to become more proficient. If you scan 1-3 times per week and looking to use your ultrasound more, or if you find you are using your ultrasound for cystocentesis and urinary bladder checks only, this course will provide an introduction to the abdomen so that you can use your ultrasound machine to bring your practice to the next level.
This two-day course will focus on how your machine works, how to optimize an image and how to do a complete ultrasound examination. With a low student to instructor ratio, and 8 hours in laboratory (will ultrasound both dogs and cats), you will find this course will give you all the information needed to understand normal anatomy and how to perform an examination obtaining diagnostic images.
Elizabeth Huynh, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVR
Reynsen Shigemoto, DVM, MS, DACVR
Elodie Emmanuelle Huget, DVM
Jack Hamersky, DVM, MS, DACVR
Darin Kepler, DVM, MS, DACVR
- The participant will understand the basic knobs used on the ultrasound machine, how they work and how they are used to optimize the image
- The participant will learn the normal anatomy and ultrasound appearance including the liver, spleen, kidneys, adrenal glands, pancreas, urinary bladder and gastrointestinal tract.
- The participant will understand the differences in anatomy between dogs and cats
- The participant will develop a systematic routine for the evaluation of the entire abdomen.
Viticus Group’s official lodging partner is Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Viticus Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.434.4700 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Viticus Center. To make a reservation online with our discounted rate, please click here.
Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89014
Courtyard Lodging + Travel Includes:
- Airport Pick up: Available on request, 7 days a week starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p
- Guests will need to call the hotel upon arrival (702.434.4700) after they pick up their luggage. At that time, we will inform them of the area they will be picked up and we will send the shuttle driver.
- Airport drop-off: All drop-offs are every two hours, starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p. Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior to departing.
- Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior.
Viticus Group Transportation Includes:
- Shuttle pick-up at the Courtyard 45 minutes prior to the start of your course start time and a short ride to the Viticus Center. View Map.
- At the close of each day, our shuttle will take you back to the Hotel.
- Last Day Transportation: Shuttle provided both to the airport, and back to the Hotel. (Luggage storage available on campus)
- If you are a Las Vegas local, or are driving yourself to the course, please arrive to the Oquendo Campus 30 minutes before the start time.
** Please refer to the agenda and email updates for transportation times.**
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Viticus Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
- Scrubs are available upon your arrival if needed.
- Closed-toe shoes are required during labs.
- A light sweater for indoor areas.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Electronic charging device to power up.
- Valid ID - We highly recommend you carry your ID at all times in Las Vegas.
Have a question or need technical support, we're here to help. Access the Support Center at support.viticusgroup.org or submit a ticket to email email@example.com.