- Date: October 26-28 2023
- Venue: Viticus Center, Oquendo Campus | Las Vegas, NV
- Category: Orthopedic
- Enrollment Capacity: 24
- CE Hours: 24
- Veterinarians: $2,725
- Veterinary Technicians: $1,365
- Instructors Kenneth Bruecker, DVM, DACVS
Do have difficulty approaching or reducing long bone fractures? Are you interested in learning simple techniques designed for the general practitioner to stabilize the most common fractures seen in dogs and cats? This laboratory is the one for you! We will teach reliable techniques and give valuable practical tips useful in stabilizing simple and comminuted fractures of long bones. New implant designs have made fracture management more simple and affordable. In addition, postoperative complications are uncommon if the principles are followed. This course will address stabilization techniques in a lecture format after which participants will perform techniques on plastic bone models and cadavers. Postoperative radiographs will be taken to evaluate the participants' repair technique.
Kenneth Bruecker, DVM, DACVS
Viticus Group’s official lodging partner is Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Viticus Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.434.4700 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Viticus Center. To make a reservation online with our discounted rate, please click here.
Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89014
Courtyard Lodging + Travel Includes:
- Airport Pick up: Available on request, 7 days a week starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p
- Guests will need to call the hotel upon arrival (702.434.4700) after they pick up their luggage. At that time, we will inform them of the area they will be picked up and we will send the shuttle driver.
- Airport drop-off: All drop-offs are every two hours, starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p. Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior to departing.
- Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior.
Viticus Group Transportation Includes:
- Shuttle pick-up at the Courtyard 45 minutes prior to the start of your course start time and a short ride to the Viticus Center. View Map.
- At the close of each day, our shuttle will take you back to the Hotel.
- Last Day Transportation: Shuttle provided both to the airport, and back to the Hotel. (Luggage storage available on campus)
- If you are a Las Vegas local, or are driving yourself to the course, please arrive to the Oquendo Campus 30 minutes before the start time.
** Please refer to the agenda and email updates for transportation times.**
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Viticus Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
- Scrubs are available upon your arrival if needed.
- Closed-toe shoes are required during labs.
- A light sweater for indoor areas.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Electronic charging device to power up.
- Valid ID - We highly recommend you carry your ID at all times in Las Vegas.