- Date: Feb. 9-11, 2023
- Venue: Viticus Center, Oquendo Campus | Las Vegas, NV
- Category: Surgery
- Enrollment Capacity: 32
- CE Hours: 24
- Cost: $2,925
Phillipp Mayhew, BVMS, MRCVS, DACVS(SA)
Ameet Singh, DVM, DVSc, DACVS (SA)
This 3-day course will provide intensive lecture and cadaver wet lab experience of a wide array of commonly performed advanced-level soft tissue surgical procedures in dogs and cats. The course is aimed at general practice or university veterinarians with a keen interest in small animal surgery but wishing to expand their soft tissue surgical capabilities to the next level. Techniques in head and neck, abdominal and perineal surgery, as well as hernias, will be covered, and on the final day, a special focus on more advanced feline surgical procedures will occur. Morning lectures explaining critical anatomical and physiological aspects will be followed by an explanation of the surgical techniques with tips and tricks thrown in by the highly experienced course instructors. In the afternoons, individual assistance from instructors will be available throughout the cadaver labs to help participants optimize their skills and avoid complications
BVMS, MRCVS, DACVS(SA)
DVM, DVSc, DACVS (SA)
Hands-on training led by expert instructors equals enhanced proficiency and improved surgical skills. Build your confidence in performing procedures with accuracy and efficiency:
- Successfully and confidently perform a variety of practical soft tissue surgery techniques
- Understand recent developments and new techniques in soft tissue surgery
- Understand the relevant regional anatomy for each procedure performed
- Understand proper instrument choice and tissue handling techniques
Viticus Group’s official lodging partner is Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Viticus Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.434.4700 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Viticus Center. To make a reservation online with our discounted rate, please click here.
Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89014
Courtyard Lodging + Travel Includes:
- Airport Pick up: Available on request, 7 days a week starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p
- Guests will need to call the hotel upon arrival (702.434.4700) after they pick up their luggage. At that time, we will inform them of the area they will be picked up and we will send the shuttle driver.
- Airport drop-off: All drop-offs are every two hours, starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p. Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior to departing.
- Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior.
Viticus Group Transportation Includes:
- Shuttle pick-up at the Courtyard 45 minutes prior to the start of your course start time and a short ride to the Viticus Center. View Map.
- At the close of each day, our shuttle will take you back to the Hotel.
- Last Day Transportation: Shuttle provided both to the airport, and back to the Hotel. (Luggage storage available on campus)
- If you are a Las Vegas local, or are driving yourself to the course, please arrive to the Oquendo Campus 30 minutes before the start time.
** Please refer to the agenda and email updates for transportation times.**
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Viticus Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
- Scrubs are available upon your arrival if needed.
- Closed-toe shoes are required during labs.
- A light sweater for indoor areas.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Electronic charging device to power up.
- Valid ID - We highly recommend you carry your ID at all times in Las Vegas.
Have a question or need technical support, we're here to help. Access the Support Center at support.viticusgroup.org or submit a ticket to email email@example.com.