- Date: June 27-28, 2023
- Venue: Viticus Group, Oquendo Center | Las Vegas, NV
- Category: Dentistry
- Enrollment Capacity: 24
- CE Hours: 16
- Cost: $2,725
- Randi Brannan, DVM, DAVDC
- Paul Mitchell, DVM, DAVDC
Hands-on training led by expert instructors will enhance your proficiency, improve dental skills and build confidence to perform procedures with accuracy and efficiency.
In this comprehensive course, participants will learn the fundamentals of canine and feline dental extractions coupled with dental radiographic interpretation. Surgical extraction techniques will be taught in a step-by-step fashion with slides and video, as well as hands-on practice in both canine and feline cadavers. Veterinarians will perform regional nerve blocks and discuss their role in multimodal pain management.
Randi Brannan, DVM, DAVDC
Paul Mitchell, DVM, DAVDC
Learning Objectives - Double on down dentistry
In this comprehensive course participants will learn principles of dentistry that will benefit their patients upon return to their practices.
- The importance of dental radiography to facilitate decision-making
- How to perform regional nerve blocks
- Appropriate selection and use of oral surgery instruments
- How to perform surgical extractions in the dog and cat by creating mucogingival flaps, removing alveolar bone, sectioning teeth, and suturing tension free flaps
Viticus Group’s official lodging partner is Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Viticus Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.434.4700 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Viticus Center. To make a reservation online with our discounted rate, please click here.
Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89014
Courtyard Lodging + Travel Includes:
- Airport Pick up: Available on request, 7 days a week starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p
- Guests will need to call the hotel upon arrival (702.434.4700) after they pick up their luggage. At that time, we will inform them of the area they will be picked up and we will send the shuttle driver.
- Airport drop-off: All drop-offs are every two hours, starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p. Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior to departing.
- Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior.
Viticus Group Transportation Includes:
- Shuttle pick-up at the Courtyard 45 minutes prior to the start of your course start time and a short ride to the Viticus Center. View Map.
- At the close of each day, our shuttle will take you back to the Hotel.
- Last Day Transportation: Shuttle provided both to the airport, and back to the Hotel. (Luggage storage available on campus)
- If you are a Las Vegas local, or are driving yourself to the course, please arrive to the Oquendo Campus 30 minutes before the start time.
** Please refer to the agenda and email updates for transportation times.**
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Viticus Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
- Scrubs are available upon your arrival if needed.
- Closed-toe shoes are required during labs.
- A light sweater for indoor areas.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Electronic charging device to power up.
- Valid ID - We highly recommend you carry your ID at all times in Las Vegas.