- Date: June 19-20, 2023
- Venue: Viticus Center, Oquendo Campus | Las Vegas, NV
- Category: Ultrasound
- Enrollment Capacity: 32 DVM seats, 32 Veterinary Technician seats
- CE Hours: 16
- Veterinarians: $2,500
- Veterinary Technicians: $1,250
- Andre Shih DVM, DAVECC, DACVAA
- Eric Hilton CVT, VTS-ECC
- Liz Hughston RVT, VTS-ECC
- Katie Zatroch DVM, DACVAA
- Amanda Shelby CVT, VTS-Anesthesia
- Tasha Mcnerney CVT, CVPP, VTS-Anesthesia
This program is designed for veterinarians and veterinary technicians to learn in tandem how to best utilize ultrasound as a tool in the diagnosis and treatment of emergency and pain management cases. Familiarization of terminology ultrasonography, hands on application of use, review of use in specific body systems to recognize characteristics of disease states and interpretation of ultrasonography images allows the veterinary team to maximize use of ultrasound in clinical practice for the best outcomes of patient outcome.
Andre Shih DVM, DAVECC, DACVAA
Eric Hilton CVT, VTS-ECC
Liz Hughston RVT, VTS-ECC
Katie Zatroch DVM, DACVAA
Amanda Shelby, CVT, VTS-Anesthesia
Tasha McNerney CVT, CVPP, VTS-Anesthesia
1. Learn fundamentals for recognizing normalcies and abnormalities on organs and body cavities with ultrasound.
2. Review proper terminology when using and describing ultrasonography.
3. Use of ultrasonography to evaluate the abdominal and chest cavity for abnormalities including by not limited to air, fluid and masses.
4. Use of ultrasonography to perform aspiration and/or biopsy of fluid, air and tissue.
5. Use of ultrasonography to perform local regional analgesic technique to relieve patient suffering and pain.
6. Review of assessment technique for pain scoring and calculating dosages required for ultrasound guided local regional technique
Viticus Group’s official lodging partner is Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Viticus Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.434.4700 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Viticus Center. To make a reservation online with our discounted rate, please click here.
Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89014
Courtyard Lodging + Travel Includes:
- Airport Pick up: Available on request, 7 days a week starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p
- Guests will need to call the hotel upon arrival (702.434.4700) after they pick up their luggage. At that time, we will inform them of the area they will be picked up and we will send the shuttle driver.
- Airport drop-off: All drop-offs are every two hours, starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p. Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior to departing.
- Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior.
Viticus Group Transportation Includes:
- Shuttle pick-up at the Courtyard 45 minutes prior to the start of your course start time and a short ride to the Viticus Center. View Map.
- At the close of each day, our shuttle will take you back to the Hotel.
- Last Day Transportation: Shuttle provided both to the airport, and back to the Hotel. (Luggage storage available on campus)
- If you are a Las Vegas local, or are driving yourself to the course, please arrive to the Oquendo Campus 30 minutes before the start time.
** Please refer to the agenda and email updates for transportation times.**
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Viticus Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
- Scrubs are available upon your arrival if needed.
- Closed-toe shoes are required during labs.
- A light sweater for indoor areas.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Electronic charging device to power up.
- Valid ID - We highly recommend you carry your ID at all times in Las Vegas.
Have a question or need technical support, we're here to help. Access the Support Center at support.viticusgroup.org or submit a ticket to email email@example.com.