- Date: Sept. 7-8, 2023
- Venue: Viticus Group, Oquendo Center | Las Vegas, NV
- Category: Surgery
- Enrollment Capacity: 20
- CE Hours: 20
- Cost: $2,900
- Boaz Arzi, DVM, DAVDC,DEVDC, FF-AVDC-OMFS
- Santiago Peralta, DVM, DAVDC
This is a novel course aimed at advancing the diagnostic and technical skills of the attendees in various real-life scenarios of oral and maxillofacial trauma in dogs and cats.
The course involves two full days of advanced training in the techniques and application of internal fixation for mandibular and maxillofacial fracture repair. Specifically, the attendees will learn and practice a combination of surgical approaches using various internal fixation techniques to manage oral and maxillofacial fractures on cadaver models. Combined, the attendees will experience realistic scenarios and a diversity of repair modalities.
On the last half day, the attendees will learn and practice soft tissue reconstruction using skin flaps (advancements and axial pattern) for repair of large soft tissue trauma. The theoretical lectures are designed to provide the attendees with a platform to understand and perform each procedure. We will cover important imaging and traumatic conditions frequently seen in dogs that require repair. Furthermore, we will methodically approach common and advanced scenarios encountered before, during and after these surgeries. The hands-on labs will be designed to progress from imaging and surgical planning to oral and maxillofacial fracture repair.
Management of oral and maxillofacial trauma is challenging and requires advanced training in real-life scenarios. This course is recommended for board-certified surgeons and board-certified dentists as well as for residents interested in advancing to the next level of oral and maxillofacial surgical techniques.
What the participant will learn or gain from the course:
- Learn the benefits and limitations of advanced diagnostic imaging
- Advance skills in management of basic and complex oral and maxillofacial fractures
- Master the art of internal fixation techniques for OMF fractures
- Advance your skills in reconstruction of soft tissue defects using skin flaps
Boaz Arzi, DVM, DAVDC,DEVDC, FF-AVDC-OMFS
Santiago Peralta, DVM, DAVDC
Stephanie Goldschmidt, BVM&S, DAVDC
Learning Objectives - Advanced oral and maxillofacial trauma in dogs and cats: repair using internal fixation and flaps
- Increase your understanding of various imaging modalities.
- Increase your understanding the concept and application of internal fixation for the maxillofacial region.
- Build skills in a combination of surgical approaches using various internal fixation techniques to manage oral and maxillofacial fractures.
- Practice soft tissues reconstruction using advanced skin flap techniques.
Viticus Group’s official lodging partner is Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Viticus Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.434.4700 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Viticus Center. To make a reservation online with our discounted rate, please click here.
Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89014
Courtyard Lodging + Travel Includes:
- Airport Pick up: Available on request, 7 days a week starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p
- Guests will need to call the hotel upon arrival (702.434.4700) after they pick up their luggage. At that time, we will inform them of the area they will be picked up and we will send the shuttle driver.
- Airport drop-off: All drop-offs are every two hours, starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p. Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior to departing.
- Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior.
Viticus Group Transportation Includes:
- Shuttle pick-up at the Courtyard 45 minutes prior to the start of your course start time and a short ride to the Viticus Center. View Map.
- At the close of each day, our shuttle will take you back to the Hotel.
- Last Day Transportation: Shuttle provided both to the airport, and back to the Hotel. (Luggage storage available on campus)
- If you are a Las Vegas local, or are driving yourself to the course, please arrive to the Oquendo Campus 30 minutes before the start time.
** Please refer to the agenda and email updates for transportation times.**
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Viticus Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
- Scrubs are available upon your arrival if needed.
- Closed-toe shoes are required during labs.
- A light sweater for indoor areas.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Electronic charging device to power up.
- Valid ID - We highly recommend you carry your ID at all times in Las Vegas.