- Date: Aug. 27-29, 2023
- Venue: Viticus Group, Oquendo Center | Las Vegas, NV
- Category: Surgery
- Enrollment Capacity: 24
- CE Hours: 20
- Cost: $2,600
- Howard Seim lll
- Sarah Marvel, DVM, DACVS- SA
- Howard Seim lll
Practical Soft Tissue Surgery in the Dog and Cat
This 2.5-day course is designed to teach participants the technical aspects of a variety of canine and feline soft tissue surgery procedures.
Two full days will be dedicated to performing canine surgical procedures and one-half day to feline procedures. Some ‘theory’ will be included in the lectures but emphasis will be placed on the technical aspects used to perform each procedure thus maximizing time in the lab. Topics have been chosen that represent surgical conditions commonly seen in veterinary practice.
Salivary gland resection
Canine scrotal urethrostomy
Flank and axillary fold flaps
Caudal superficial epigastric flap
Intestinal biopsy /anastomosis
Day 3 – ½ day
Perineal urethrostomy – a novel approach
Ventral bulla osteotomy
Chest drain placement
Guide wire assisted
Esophagostomy tube placement
Howard Seim lll
Sarah Marvel, DVM, DACVS-SA
Learning Objectives - Practical soft tissue surgery in the dog and cat
- By the end of this course participants should have a thorough understanding of:
- How to successfully perform a variety of practical soft tissue surgery techniques
- Recent developments and new techniques in soft tissue surgery
- The instructors philosophical and technical views on the surgery procedures performed in the lab
- Regional anatomy related to each surgical procedure
Viticus Group’s official lodging partner is Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Viticus Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.434.4700 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Viticus Center. To make a reservation online with our discounted rate, please click here.
Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89014
Courtyard Lodging + Travel Includes:
- Airport Pick up: Available on request, 7 days a week starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p
- Guests will need to call the hotel upon arrival (702.434.4700) after they pick up their luggage. At that time, we will inform them of the area they will be picked up and we will send the shuttle driver.
- Airport drop-off: All drop-offs are every two hours, starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p. Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior to departing.
- Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior.
Viticus Group Transportation Includes:
- Shuttle pick-up at the Courtyard 45 minutes prior to the start of your course start time and a short ride to the Viticus Center. View Map.
- At the close of each day, our shuttle will take you back to the Hotel.
- Last Day Transportation: Shuttle provided both to the airport, and back to the Hotel. (Luggage storage available on campus)
- If you are a Las Vegas local, or are driving yourself to the course, please arrive to the Oquendo Campus 30 minutes before the start time.
** Please refer to the agenda and email updates for transportation times.**
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Viticus Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
- Scrubs are available upon your arrival if needed.
- Closed-toe shoes are required during labs.
- A light sweater for indoor areas.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Electronic charging device to power up.
- Valid ID - We highly recommend you carry your ID at all times in Las Vegas.