- Date: Dec. 14-16, 2023
- Venue: Viticus Group, Oquendo Center | Las Vegas, NV
- Category: Surgery
- Enrollment Capacity: 33
- CE Hours: 20
- Cost: $2,600
Nancy Zimmerman, DVM, MS, CCRT, DACVS
Oncology and Neurology as well as Soft Tissue Surgery will be highlighted in this uniquely interactive course. Join us for 3 full days of lecture and laboratories that cover topics including forelimb and hindlimb amputation (both mid-femoral and coxofemoral techniques), reconstruction of large skin defects following mass removals, CSF taps, epidurals, bone and lymph node biopsy. Instructors have extensive experience in private practice and academia and utilize interactive clinical presentations from their case files to introduce laboratory procedures and provide applied context to real-world patient scenarios. Our team includes specialists in small animal surgery, oncology, and neurology to address different perspectives of relevant pathology, patient diagnostics and management, and surgical technique. The course is designed to allow ample time in laboratory to practice procedures on cadavers with guidance from ACVS- and ACVIM-certified instructors
DVM, MS, CCRT, DACVS
Learning Objectives - Soft tissue surgery
- Gain confidence with basic surgical Oncology procedures including amputations (limbs, tail, digits), enucleation, splenectomy, and mass removals with wound reconstruction (mast cell tumor, fibrosarcoma, squamous cell sarcoma).
- Gain familiarity with lymph node mapping and aspirate/biopsy. Practice bone biopsy and other specialized tissue biopsy techniques.
- Become comfortable with in-house chemotherapy protocols and methods to monitor cancer patients. Understand treatment options for cancer patients and begin to build a portfolio of all that the GVP can offer in-house.
- Practice specific Neurology procedures including Neurologic Exam, Neuroanatomic Localization and become comfortable with CSF collection and epidural administration.
Viticus Group’s official lodging partner is Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Viticus Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.434.4700 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Viticus Center. To make a reservation online with our discounted rate, please click here.
Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89014
Courtyard Lodging + Travel Includes:
Airport Pick up: Available on request, 7 days a week starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p
Guests will need to call the hotel upon arrival (702.434.4700) after they pick up their luggage. At that time, they will be informed of the area they will be picked up and a shuttle driver will be sent by the hotel.
Airport drop-off: All drop-offs are every two hours, starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p. Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior to departing.
Viticus Group Transportation Includes:
Shuttle pick-up at the Courtyard 45 minutes prior to the start of your course start time and a short ride to the Viticus Center.
At the close of each day, our shuttle will take you back to the Hotel.
Last Day Transportation: Shuttle provided both to the airport, and back to the Hotel. (Luggage storage available on campus)
If you are a Las Vegas local, or are driving yourself to the course, please arrive to the Oquendo Campus 30 minutes before the start time.
** Please refer to the agenda and email updates for transportation times.**
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Viticus Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
- Scrubs are available upon your arrival if needed.
- Closed-toe shoes are required during labs.
- A light sweater for indoor areas.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Electronic charging device to power up.
- Valid ID - We highly recommend you carry your ID at all times in Las Vegas.