- Date: April 23-25, 2023
- Venue: Viticus Group, Oquendo Center | Las Vegas, NV
- Category: Orthopedic
- Enrollment Capacity: 24
- CE Hours: 24
- Veterinarians: $2,725
- Veterinary Technicians: $1,365
- Instructors: Don Hulse, DVM, DACVS, DECVS and Chad M. Andrews, DVM, DACVS (SA)
Advanced TPLO/Basic & Advanced CBLO Course
This is a unique course addressing two osteotomy techniques commonly used for management of canine and feline cranial cruciate deficient stifles. For those proficient in the standard technique of TPLO but wish to advance to the next stage where TPLO is performed in cases with concurrent patella luxation, eTPA, or those requiring an additional stabilization procedure, this course will address each of these procedures. The first day of the course, lectures describing planning and execution of advanced TPLO procedures are addressed and reinforced through laboratory sessions using sawbones and cadavers.
The second day of the course is devoted to learning the principles of the CBLO procedure. The genesis for combining the two courses arises from previous experience with CBLO courses where participants were primarily TPLO surgeons wishing to learn CBLO concepts and techniques to broaden their surgical capabilities with specific cases. Examples are CrCL injury in juvenile patients, multiple ligament injury, eTPA, and concurrent patella luxation. Lectures describing planning and execution of CBLO procedures are reinforced through laboratory sessions performing techniques on sawbones and cadavers.
The third day of the course is devoted to participants planning and execution of technique (s) of their choice on cadavers. Discussion and question session is scheduled at the end of the third to address concerns and questions.
Don Hulse, DVM, DACVS, DECVS
Chad M. Andrews, DVM, DACVS (SA), DVM, DACVS
Kenneth A. Bruecker, DVM, MS, DACVS
Learning Objectives - Advanced tplo / cblo hybrid
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to plan and execute a Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy in patients with eTPA, patients with CrCL injury coupled with patella luxation, and in patients requiring an additional stabilization procedure.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to plan and execute a CBLO osteotomy in patients with standard CrCL injury as well as in patients with eTPA, and in patients with CrCL injury coupled with patella luxation.
Viticus Group’s official lodging partner is Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Viticus Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.434.4700 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Viticus Center. To make a reservation online with our discounted rate, please click here.
Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89014
Courtyard Lodging + Travel Includes:
- Airport Pick up: Available on request, 7 days a week starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p
- Guests will need to call the hotel upon arrival (702.434.4700) after they pick up their luggage. At that time, we will inform them of the area they will be picked up and we will send the shuttle driver.
- Airport drop-off: All drop-offs are every two hours, starting at 6:00a and ending at 10:00p. Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior to departing.
- Please sign up at the front desk at least 1 hour prior.
Viticus Group Transportation Includes:
- Shuttle pick-up at the Courtyard 45 minutes prior to the start of your course start time and a short ride to the Viticus Center. View Map.
- At the close of each day, our shuttle will take you back to the Hotel.
- Last Day Transportation: Shuttle provided both to the airport, and back to the Hotel. (Luggage storage available on campus)
- If you are a Las Vegas local, or are driving yourself to the course, please arrive to the Oquendo Campus 30 minutes before the start time.
** Please refer to the agenda and email updates for transportation times.**
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Viticus Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
- Scrubs are available upon your arrival if needed.
- Closed-toe shoes are required during labs.
- A light sweater for indoor areas.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Electronic charging device to power up.
- Valid ID - We highly recommend you carry your ID at all times in Las Vegas.